The primary goal of the SHAPE program is to reduce the incidence of child abuse and neglect through early, family-directed, in-home, less intrusive intervention aimed at alleviating problems and stresses associated with child care and parenting.
The program objectives specifically assist families to:
- Achieve greater control in resolving problems which contribute to abuse and neglect
- Develop appropriate coping skills
- Learn and utilize appropriate discipline measures
- Improve basic life skills
- Improve parent-child communication and relationships.
SHAPE staff achieve this by:
- Case management and support
- Assessment of client/family needs
- Coordination of community services utilized by clients.
Concrete services include:
- Parenting and life skills education
- Networking and referral
Participation in the program is voluntary and the families must reside in Lehigh or Northampton County. Families may receive weekly in-home services for up to six months.
Se habla espanol!
For more specific information about SHAPE and/or referrals please call Marisol Diaz – Program Supervisor at 610-432-3919 x2217 or email her at gro.V1490392519LAFbP1490392519@zaid1490392519m1490392519.